I had a busy day. Busy reminds me how lucky I am to be busy! I have begun to worry about Mem starting kindergarten in August. He’ll be going to kindergarten in different building than I’ll be teaching. I was so blessed to be able to be in the same building for Bub and Sis’s transitions to kindergarten that I was feeling a little sorry for myself this morning. Then she reminded me of something that I have said to others many times:
- Be thankful that you love him enough that you are sad to be away from him.
- Be thankful that he is healthy and capable of tackling kindergarten.
I reminded myself of a few more things for which I am thankful.
- I am thankful I have a job that allows me to check in on him, know his teacher, and be with him in minutes if he needs me.
- I am thankful I have a job that I can stay home with him if he is sick or hurting.
- I am thankful I have had this time with him in preschool.
I am thankful I have him to love with all my heart.