OK, so the next Listography my friend Brooke posted is “list your favorite films.” Not an easy one for me. I’m not a movie-goer. I don’t sit still that well. This is always a frustration for Papa Bear who wants me to sit and watch certain shows with him on TV. I never sit through a whole show. I get that from my grandpa – he drove my grandma as nuts I do PB.
It always seems like way too much money for what you get. Plus, it’s such a committment: spend too much money and sit still for the chance of a good movie. yeah? no.
The last movie I saw was Monsters v. Aliens. Which was wonderful! But it was wonderful because of my company, not necessarily the movie.
That said, here are few favorites…
- The Sound of Music – I could watch it every week. I went to Austria and loved the cheesy tour!
- What Lies Beneath – the first scary movie I saw with PB. I love a good suspenseful movie with a “keep ya thinkin'” plot.
- Fools Rush In – a great date with PB.
- The Thornbirds – I spent an entire weekend watching this mini series in its entirety. I makes me think of the carefree priorities of college and dreams of romance to come.
- Beauty and the Beast – I am still waiting to be Belle.
- Driving Miss Daisy and The Bucket List – I love Morgan Freeman.
- Stand and Deliver – I am a teacher.
- With Mem I like to watch Cars.
- With Dissy I actually have fun with High School Musical 1, 2 and 3.
- Recently I really enjoyed The Chronicles of Narnia.
I’m sure there are others that I’ve enjoyed more (A Chorus Line just came to mind.) but I haven’t given movies much thought since they are so not my thing…